Orléans Ville English Language Teachers' Site
Welcome Dear Guest at Orléans Ville English Language Teachers' Forum.

Take your time to browse the contents of some sections or register , if you wish to , so as to have a full access to the content. We'll be so glad to count you among our humble family members if your choice is the latter.

Bye for now!
Welcome Dear Guest at Orléans Ville English Language Teachers' Forum.

Take your time to browse the contents of some sections or register , if you wish to , so as to have a full access to the content. We'll be so glad to count you among our humble family members if your choice is the latter.

Bye for now!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Professional Spot For All English Language Teachers

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Getting to Know the TOEFL
do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils? EmptyTue 9 Apr - 1:02 by Solinet

» Yearly Planning 1 AS & 2AS (All Subjects)
do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils? EmptySun 17 Feb - 21:20 by Youcef DZ

» 2009/2010 Yearly Planning (Gestion Economie)
do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils? EmptySun 27 Jan - 17:56 by Nacera Elahcene

» YEARLY PLANNING-2 A.S-Literary Streams
do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils? EmptyWed 16 Jan - 0:16 by skynet

» The Writing Process
do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils? EmptyMon 7 Jan - 21:35 by dida

» CAPES Sequence Plan : No Man is an Island "Reading and Writing"
do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils? EmptySun 30 Dec - 15:09 by hopefulwealth

» Very interesting Grammar practice:the comparative /superlative forms
do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils? EmptyFri 28 Dec - 18:17 by hopefulwealth

» Doctoral Thesis : Approaches to Teaching Writing (Abdelhak Nemouchi)
do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils? EmptyMon 19 Nov - 21:06 by Abonoran goussat

» 1st Year Scientific Streams Yearly Planning 2009-2010
do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils? EmptyMon 19 Nov - 1:03 by dexuse

» 1st Year Literary Streams Yearly Planning 2009-2010
do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils? EmptyMon 19 Nov - 0:56 by dexuse

Guests’ Number since June 2011
do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils? Pageviews=1
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Recommend Orléans Ville English Language Teachers Forum

Bookmark and share the address of Orléans Ville English Language Teachers' Site on your social bookmarking website
Useful Software

Keywords
traits evaluation ISLAND first share exam NOISE plans POLLUTION voice revew diagnostic posters test lesson pair waste term teach grammar think UNIT passive writing process paper
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
sossa

do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils? Vide
PostSubject: do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils?   do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils? EmptySun 9 May - 18:51

In 3rd year official syllabus there is no mention of reported speech lesson.Although,it may be included in BAC exam. What do you think ? Do we have to make a brief revision ? Or do we ignore it ? Your opinions are important because we are all concerned ... Thank you in advance
Back to top Go down
Red1
Honour Member
Honour Member
Red1

PostSubject: Re: do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils?   do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils? EmptySun 9 May - 19:08

I always trusted inspectors who always provided us wih their superiors' instructions (Minisrty) but I ceased that.

Back to top Go down
Red1
Honour Member
Honour Member
Red1

PostSubject: Re: do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils?   do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils? EmptySun 9 May - 19:09

Logic says that the instruction of teaching the
reported speech must be included within the first unit, second or
third....and not by the end of the year and in a very critical moment.

Back to top Go down
Red1
Honour Member
Honour Member
Red1

PostSubject: Re: do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils?   do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils? EmptySun 9 May - 19:10

How do you expect the learner who is preparing himself to revise for
the baccalauréat to start understanding and practising a complicated form like the
reported speech? Is that pedagogy?
Back to top Go down
Red1
Honour Member
Honour Member
Red1

PostSubject: Re: do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils?   do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils? EmptySun 9 May - 19:14

They could have asked us to teach this form at the beginning of the school year and not by the end...or even they could include it in THEIR student's official book which they designed some years ago and recently modified some names and substracted some other activities with a little sum of billions for nothing. What a pity!
Back to top Go down
sossa

PostSubject: Re: do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils?   do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils? EmptySun 9 May - 19:21

Thank you dear colleague
Back to top Go down
Red1
Honour Member
Honour Member
Red1

PostSubject: Re: do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils?   do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils? EmptySun 9 May - 19:23

If we forgave this mistake, learners would not .
Back to top Go down
sossa

PostSubject: Re: do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils?   do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils? EmptySun 9 May - 19:29

Thank you sir for sharing us your precious opinion . You are always shaning our Ovelt Planet . ThnxOV our moon
Back to top Go down
UnKnown

PostSubject: Re: do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils?   do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils? EmptyTue 11 May - 19:04

Quote :
Do we have to make a
brief revision ?

Thank you dear sister sossa for this tackling this interesting issue that many colleagues may face. Our inspector told us last year that since the pupils dealt with this lesson before and that it is not included in the third year programme, so it doesn't mean to be ignored but we have to go through a brief revision and practice so that it might be included in a Bac exam.
Back to top Go down
sossa

PostSubject: Re: do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils?   do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils? EmptyTue 11 May - 20:21

Thank you Mr Loyalty for the precious opinion you gave us.
:
ThnxOrléansVil
Back to top Go down
Bensalem

Bensalem

PostSubject: Re: do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils?   do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils? EmptyTue 11 May - 20:36

I didn't teach my pupils this form bacause we know that this last minute order is to punish the teachers for the strike they engaged in. What a policy!!
Back to top Go down
Bensalem

Bensalem

PostSubject: Re: do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils?   do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils? EmptyTue 11 May - 20:37

Is that called pedagogy? How would they react if they were the parents of thz students we are teaching? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Red1
Honour Member
Honour Member
Red1

PostSubject: Re: do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils?   do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils? EmptyFri 14 May - 17:28

Next week, I'm trying to revise the reported speech with my students. It's for my students and not as an implementation of what we were ordered to do.
In a word, for the sake of Allah and those learners who are being tested for about nothing.
Sorry for this deviation because I won't reply later in this topic as it reminds me of who we are and who our students are .
Back to top Go down
Boucherit
Honour Member
Honour Member
Boucherit

PostSubject: Re: do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils?   do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils? EmptyFri 14 May - 18:56

Why not?
Back to top Go down
NOR
Head of the Forum
Head of the Forum
NOR

PostSubject: Re: do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils?   do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils? EmptyFri 14 May - 21:25

Hi dear all!
Thank you Mrs.Sossa for raising this discussion.
Thank you dear colleagues for your interaction with the topic .
We were asked to teach reported speech last year.Thus, it is not a new instruction.The ministry left the teachers free to select which unit should include this important grammatical point.
I prefer let it at the end for it is hard to grasp and easy to be forgotten.I asked my students about it whether they want to learn it at the beginning or at the end and most of them declared they wanted this form to be taught at the end of the syllabus.
I see no problem in dealing with reported speech.
Back to top Go down
sossa

PostSubject: Re: do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils?   do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils? EmptyFri 14 May - 22:00

Thank you Mrs Nor I raised this discussion because I saw some colleagues did't deal with reported speech . Although I did revision for my dear pupils.
Back to top Go down
UnKnown

PostSubject: Re: do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils?   do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils? EmptySat 15 May - 12:59

Yes, you are right sister NOR the instruction is not new. Our inspector talked about it last year too and he said that we could leave til the end as a task during the revision period since our pupils had already seen it the years before starting from middle school.
Back to top Go down
Guermoud Hadiya
Guermoud Hadiya

PostSubject: Re: do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils?   do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils? EmptyTue 18 May - 17:55

Fortunately, I don't work with exam classes [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] You opinion is very valuable here. Thank you for that.
Back to top Go down
UnKnown

PostSubject: Re: do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils?   do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils? EmptyWed 19 May - 19:30

Quote :
Fortunately, I don't
work with exam classes

Yes dear Hadiya, you are really lucky, especially this year!!
Back to top Go down
Chelfawi

Chelfawi

PostSubject: Re: do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils?   do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils? EmptyThu 20 May - 22:11

I taught the form during UNIT 2. Now, I will feel at ease when I see the baccalaureate exam paper this June, because I did my duty in full
Back to top Go down
UnKnown

PostSubject: Re: do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils?   do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils? EmptyThu 20 May - 23:18

Quote :
I taught the form during UNIT 2
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
futsoft

futsoft

PostSubject: Re: do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils?   do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils? EmptyFri 21 May - 19:49

I didn't teach the form at all this year. We didn't hear of this news at our school [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
UnKnown

PostSubject: Re: do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils?   do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils? EmptySat 22 May - 19:17

Quote :

I put a post waiting for a comment for the quoted part above , but was moved away!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
was there a mistake from my part please??
Back to top Go down
Abdelaziz

Abdelaziz

PostSubject: Re: do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils?   do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils? EmptySat 22 May - 20:48

LOYALTY wrote:
Quote :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Do mean this? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
It's above your current reply.
Back to top Go down
UnKnown

PostSubject: Re: do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils?   do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils? EmptySun 23 May - 18:30

Quote :

Quote :
Do mean this? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
It's above your current reply.

No brother Abdelaziz, I was wondering in which part of unit 2 was reported speech introduced in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils?   do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils? Empty

Back to top Go down

do we have to teach reported speech for 3rd year pupils?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2 Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Orléans Ville English Language Teachers' Site :: News Section :: News -