Orléans Ville English Language Teachers' Site
Welcome Dear Guest at Orléans Ville English Language Teachers' Forum.

Take your time to browse the contents of some sections or register , if you wish to , so as to have a full access to the content. We'll be so glad to count you among our humble family members if your choice is the latter.

Bye for now!
Welcome Dear Guest at Orléans Ville English Language Teachers' Forum.

Take your time to browse the contents of some sections or register , if you wish to , so as to have a full access to the content. We'll be so glad to count you among our humble family members if your choice is the latter.

Bye for now!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Professional Spot For All English Language Teachers

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Getting to Know the TOEFL
The British Council-Echorouk’s English Competition  EmptyTue 9 Apr - 1:02 by Solinet

» Yearly Planning 1 AS & 2AS (All Subjects)
The British Council-Echorouk’s English Competition  EmptySun 17 Feb - 21:20 by Youcef DZ

» 2009/2010 Yearly Planning (Gestion Economie)
The British Council-Echorouk’s English Competition  EmptySun 27 Jan - 17:56 by Nacera Elahcene

» YEARLY PLANNING-2 A.S-Literary Streams
The British Council-Echorouk’s English Competition  EmptyWed 16 Jan - 0:16 by skynet

» The Writing Process
The British Council-Echorouk’s English Competition  EmptyMon 7 Jan - 21:35 by dida

» CAPES Sequence Plan : No Man is an Island "Reading and Writing"
The British Council-Echorouk’s English Competition  EmptySun 30 Dec - 15:09 by hopefulwealth

» Very interesting Grammar practice:the comparative /superlative forms
The British Council-Echorouk’s English Competition  EmptyFri 28 Dec - 18:17 by hopefulwealth

» Doctoral Thesis : Approaches to Teaching Writing (Abdelhak Nemouchi)
The British Council-Echorouk’s English Competition  EmptyMon 19 Nov - 21:06 by Abonoran goussat

» 1st Year Scientific Streams Yearly Planning 2009-2010
The British Council-Echorouk’s English Competition  EmptyMon 19 Nov - 1:03 by dexuse

» 1st Year Literary Streams Yearly Planning 2009-2010
The British Council-Echorouk’s English Competition  EmptyMon 19 Nov - 0:56 by dexuse

Guests’ Number since June 2011
The British Council-Echorouk’s English Competition  Pageviews=1
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Recommend Orléans Ville English Language Teachers Forum

Bookmark and share the address of Orléans Ville English Language Teachers' Site on your social bookmarking website
Useful Software

Keywords
teach traits voice revew diagnostic posters term pair evaluation first process grammar NOISE lesson POLLUTION writing passive share test UNIT think ISLAND exam paper waste plans
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

The British Council-Echorouk’s English Competition

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
lous25
Site Owner
Site Owner
lous25

The British Council-Echorouk’s English Competition  Vide
PostSubject: The British Council-Echorouk’s English Competition    The British Council-Echorouk’s English Competition  EmptyFri 29 Nov - 21:52

The English Language Competition organized jointly by the British Council in Algiers and Echorouk newspapers has been a success, as 30 thousand people of different age and specialties have participated in.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The British Council headquarters on Sunday hosted the ceremony of the draw of the three winners supervised by a bailiff, with the presence of representatives of Echorouk and the British Council.
Finally, the laureate was Miss Soraia Alliouche, a 24 year old English BA student, hailed from Algiers, who won a two-week training trip to London.
The second prize was gone to Mr Rouabah Attia, a 33 year old accountant from Setif, who won a high-tech laptop, while the third prize was gone to Miss Zahra Tounsi, a 28 years old teacher, as she is to be allocated a digital camera.
The prize award ceremony is to be organized shortly in the British Council in Algiers, with the presence of several cultural figures.
This English language competition took part in the last 14 weeks (10 October 2011 to 15 January 2012).
To recall, the British Council in Algeria has signed an agreement with Echorouk newspaper to publish a series of 14 articles about contemporary UK culture.
It is the second time such competition is being organized. It aims at helping readers to improve their English and, at the same time, learn something about the UK way of life.

هكذا‮ ‬غيّرت‮ ‬اللغة‮ ‬الإنجليزية‮ ‬حياتنا
28/11/2013
تواصل الشروق نشر قصص المشاركين في المسابقة التي نظمها المركز الثقافي البريطاني في الجزائر، بالتنسيق مع الشروق، والتي استهدفت دارسي اللغة الإنجليزية، وقد شارك في المسابقة أزيد من 3 آلاف مشارك، كلهم من أساتذة اللغة الإنجليزية في الجامعات والمدارس،‮ ‬ومن‮ ‬الدارسين‮ ‬لهذه‮ ‬اللغة‮ ‬الحية،‮ ‬وقد‮ ‬طلب‮ ‬من‮ ‬كل‮ ‬مشارك‮ ‬الحديث‮ ‬عن‮ ‬علاقته‮ ‬باللغة‮ ‬الإنجليزية‮ ‬وكيف‮ ‬غيرت‮ ‬حياته‮.

NoraSaighi
My name is Saighi Nora. I am an English teacher in a secondary school and a master’s-degree student.  I started learning English at the age of 12 in the middle school. I quickly realized how much I loved the language, and how better I was than my classmates. So, I decided to become an English teacher after graduation.  I have been trying to improve my English language teaching and learning in many   ways: attending seminars in my town, watching movies, listening to music, talking in English with some friends, and reading a lot.   I have been teaching English since 1992. Furthermore, I gave courses as an assistant teacher at university. I took great satisfaction in the fact that I was successful in improving the level of many of my students.  Four years ago, I succeeded in a Magister concurs at the university of Biskra. Nine persons only were taken among 800 candidates. It was a great pleasure to get back to classes. I travelled more than 123 Km daily to attend lectures.   A year later, I had a breast ablation and went through many sessions of chemotherapy because of cancer. That was very painful, but my books helped me fight anxiety. Even when I was in hospital for days, my books accompanied me.   As I am specialized in British and American literature and civilization, I will teach   my university students more than grammar and vocabulary. Learning English means, also, to learn about its peoples and their civilizations. We need to appreciate how those peoples traced their ways through the clouds to reach sunlight and become the great nations they are today.  People around me keep saying my motivation is an inspiration for them. I will always try to be beneficial to my students, my colleagues and to myself as I develop as a teacher.  I always believed that learning English would make a difference in my life, and it did. It gave me power to go beyond borders to make things happen. This will always be the first lesson I will give to my students.

RadiaTaligant
As a student, I had many learning difficulties. I was a back-sitter and clock watcher. Soon, the teacher who discovered the inner desire for English and started helping me came. I developed feelings of regards to her and worked hard to please her. To encourage me, she used to let me teach and once said: “you were born for teaching”. I believed in my teaching abilities and started teaching my classmates. It was such a pleasure that I decided to become a teacher.  At university, I was top class until I was obligated to marriage. A dramatic change happened! I started having set-backs. On a mind-June day, when I was about  to reach my life-long dream, my husband wanted me to give up at the last minute of the game, one foot form the winning touchdown. He wanted me to be a stay- at- home woman. Soon, I was kicked out at midnight with the belief that one is never given a dream without also being given the power to make it true, I may had to pay for it and got divorced. A month later, I got my diploma after giving birth to my son. I started looking for a job. It was those teaching skills that I worked hard to develop that made my inspectors say “you were born for teaching” and elected me as a trainer. Now, that I have this dream position, my dream got bigger. I have to run my own business! Surprisingly, I met someone with the same ambition and started a business.  As a matter of fact, before we knew it, English became not only the language of our business but also of our love! We got married and have a daughter. Later, we opened a bigger school that offers free teacher-training and receives more than 500 students and 15 teachers. Without English, I wouldn’t have met my soul who helped me reach the highest that is in me and affect society positively. Still together to make of “BBC” the Best Bridge for Creation for both learners and teachers
Back to top Go down

The British Council-Echorouk’s English Competition

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Orléans Ville English Language Teachers' Site :: News Section :: News -